Arlene's Blog

Saturday, October 29, 2005

October 28 Friday Meeting Mike from Denali and Nancey from Bhrigupanth again

Our Bhrigupanth team at Base Camp. From left, standing: Nancey Goforth, Rekha Sharma, Barbara Drinkwater, Penny Brothers, Christy Tews. Front: Rajkumari Chand, Susan Coons, Piro Kramar, and me

The day began early with an interview on “Conscious Talk” radio show. The hosts were fantastic and it was a totally positive experience. After a break Diane picked up for an interview on Evergreen radio, a service for the blind, and then we signed books at several chain stores. My books are in the mountaineering section and I’m wondering if memoir might not be better.

After a quick sushi dinner, we head to the University of Seattle bookstore for my evening talk. Mike Bialos, who had helped with Grace’s rescue on Denali in 1970, attended along with his wife and I was able to publicly thank him for his help.

I was delighted that Nancey Goforth and her 14-year-old daughter Haydi came also and gave me a ride back, giving us a chance to catch up a little.

Books signed: forty
Amazon: #4,361 in Books

1 Comments:

  • At 7:33 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Do the stores have a section for women's stories?

     

Post a Comment

<< Home