Arlene's Blog

Saturday, October 15, 2005

October 15, 2005 Mt Washington Climb and Book launch day


We choose today for the book launch as the anniversary of the date we reached the summit of Annapurna I in 1978, a happy day for the summit and a very sad day as Vera and Alison headed up on their own summit attempt. I remember descending the Dutch rib my myself full of joy that it seemed alsomost certain we would climb Annapurna and worry about Vera and Alison.

The rain is coming down more heavily than ever making me want to stay inside where it is warm and dry, but we are all meeting at the bottom of the trail in a few hours and then we will decide what to do next.

Later:

We indeed made it to the top of Mt. Washington in the pouring rain to celebrate the publication date of Breaking Trail. I carried my umbrella almost all the way and it was invigorating and fun. We were rewarded with a party and a turkey dinner at the observatory on top, not to mention a ride down the road as there are gale force winds up there now and staying the night wasn't a good idea.

The team was

Back from left: Mary Yeo, Peter Crane, our outstanding guide, Jonathan Blum, and Danny Gordon


Beth Krusi, me, Annie Tiberio, and Anne Messer



It was a great day and we are all joining the Mt Washington observatory

For more info on how to do join the observatory, go to their website or contact:

Virginia Moore vmoore@mountwashington.org

Amazon Today: #11,505 in Books

1 Comments:

  • At 6:20 AM, Blogger Annalise said…

    Congrats on making it up the mountain!! I miss you but I'm glad we both have blogs hehe. love, annalise

     

Post a Comment

<< Home