Arlene's Blog

Wednesday, October 12, 2005

October 12 A Quiet Day in New York City

Today was meant to be the most quiet day of the trip, but the calm was broken by more more PR opportunities including an excerpt for the LA Times to come out next Tuesday, a TV interview in Portland Maine for tomorrow night announcing my Friday afternoon book signing at LLBean, and interview on a radio program called The Business Shrink.

I met with Lisa Drew my publisher, her assistant Sam Martin, and the Scribner publicist Lucy Kenyon who are happy with how the book is doing.

Annalise called to say she’s doing well and hoping to move to a lovely cabin by the river. She’s doing her own blog of her gap year at
http://annalisesgapyear.blogspot.com

I really enjoyed a tour of my favorite paper, the New York Times, and hope to show it to Annalise when we are both back here for her Netaid Global Action Award to be presented at Lincoln Center in New York City on November 9. http://www.netaid.org/global_action_awards/

The weather had been cold and rainy and more of the same is forecast for the weekend, not auspicious for our October 15 book launch on the summit of Mt Washington. I hope to climb in spite of the rain.

Amazon rank for Breaking Trail #5,850 in Books

2 Comments:

  • At 8:57 PM, Blogger Annalise said…

    you have a very pretty blog mom!
    love, annalise

     
  • At 1:37 AM, Blogger Arlene said…

    I don't know how to do that. Can anyone tell me.

    Thanks,
    Arlene

     

Post a Comment

<< Home