Arlene's Blog

Tuesday, October 11, 2005

Oct 11: The Isenberg clan and the Explorer's Club


My big story is I recently met Bob Feldman, a second cousin, who showed me this photo of my grandfathers family, the Isenberg clan, about 1917. Bob had no idea who the people were in the photo. He had been trying to identify them for years and concluded that he never would succeed. I told him I hoped to meet other cousins and identify these family members during my book trip. Bob was disbelieving and said that he thought we would never learn their identities .


Tuesday I met Sue French, another second cousin who brought along a different photo of many of the same people taken about three years later. And her photo had been identified by her elderly aunt Edith in 1982. Sue and I had a a very exciting afternoon of detective work and were able to identify most of the people in the photo above. For the first time, I know what my great grandparents and many other relatives look like. And I’m going to meet lots of other wonderful second cousins and learn more as I travel. I'm really delighted about this.

Then I spoke at the Explorers Club in New York to a very enthusiastic audience, half women. The Club has come a long way from the days when women were not allowed to join.

Amazon rank is #6,807 in Books

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home