Arlene's Blog

Wednesday, November 16, 2005

Tuesday in DC

After a 6:00 am flight from Portland Maine to DC, I checked into the Rouge Hotel, very interesting, comfortable, and red. After lunch, I spoke at the Ashoka Foundation, which does amazing work in supporting and funding outstanding social entrepreneurs all over the world. They suggested ideas for my proposed new work informing people about the hazards of flame retardant and other halogenated hydrocarbon chemicals. Then, I had a relaxed dinner with friends of Luree Miller from the Society of Women Geographers. I so wish Luree were here to share my book and adventures.
Books signed 8
Amazon #8,567 in Books

1 Comments:

  • At 7:31 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    My wife and I saw you at National Geographic tonight. You were great! Thanks for an enjoyable evening. We look forward to more adventures!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home